Amtrak San Joaquins
Bakersfield to Oakland, California
Steve's review of the Amtrak San Joaquins including travelogues and
photos of the train, the accommodations and scenery along the route.
- 07/04/96-07/07/96: First Trip On San Joaquins.
- Fourth of July Vacation with my kids.
- 07/23/96-07/25/96: Second Trip On San Joaquins.
- 8 hour delay and worst trip ever.
- 08/22/96-08/24/96: Third Trip On San Joaquins.
- Description of the single seats in the Amtrak California Cars.
- 09/07/96: Fourth Trip On San Joaquins.
- Going round trip in a single day!
Anaheim to Palo Alto, California.
- San Joaquins, BART & Caltrain in a single day!
- Inaugural Revenue Run Of
Amtrak Sacremento San Joaquins #702 and #703.
- To the California State Railroad Museum:
Bakersfield to Sacramento - Round Trip.
- In addition to the above travel on the Amtrak San Joaquin, I have taken a number of trips
on this route that were not documented by a travelogue.