Threatened Amtrak Routes
The following is an unconfirmed report of the names of the 18 Amtrak long-distance routes that could be cut
on October 1, 2002. Each route name is followed by the names of the major cities they serve.
- Kentucky Cardinal: Louisville, Ky.-Chicago
- Cardinal: Washington-Cincinnati-Chicago
- Pennsylvanian: Philadelphia-Pittsburgh-Chicago
- Silver Palm: New York-Savannah, Ga.-Tampa, Fla.-Miami
- Silver Star: New York-Savannah-Miami
- Silver Meteor: New York-Savannah-Miami
- Crescent: New York City-Atlanta-New Orleans
- Capitol Limited: Washington-Pittsburgh-Chicago
- Three Rivers: New York-Philadelphia-Pittsburgh-Chicago
- Twilight Shoreliner: Boston-Washington-Newport News, Va.
- Lake Shore Limited: Chicago-Boston/New York
- City of New Orleans: Chicago-Memphis, Tenn.-New Orleans
- Sunset Limited: Orlando, Fla.-New Orleans-Los Angeles
- Texas Eagle: Chicago-San Antonio
- California Zephyr: Chicago-Emeryville, Calif.
- Empire Builder: Chicago-Seattle/Portland, Ore.
- Southwest Chief: Chicago-Kansas City, Mo.-Los Angeles
- Coast Starlight: Seattle-Portland, Ore.-Los Angeles